Full-Time Employment Opportunities
- Chief Country Representative - Indonesia
- Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs Associate
- Membership and Business Development Associate
- Policy and Research Internships (Washington, D.C.)
Who We Are
The US-ASEAN Business Council is the pre-eminent representative of American business in Southeast Asia. We work across all 10 member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), representing more than 125 major U.S. corporations. Our membership includes companies who have been active in Southeast Asia for a century or more to newcomers looking to expand their presence in one of the world’s most dynamic markets. The Council’s sectoral working groups, including Customs, Defense & Security, Energy, Financial Services, Food and Agriculture, Health & Life Sciences, Information & Communications Technology, Infrastructure and Manufacturing, bring together the top companies in their fields to enable high-level dialogues that help resolve issues and drive innovation and investment. With long-established personal and professional relationships in ASEAN and Washington, the Council is the most effective conduit between decision-makers on both sides of the Pacific and a fantastic place to build your career.
Why Work for the Council?
As an employee of the US-ASEAN Business Council, you will represent some of America’s leading companies from across a wide spectrum of industries, including members such as Cargill, The Coca-Cola Company, Chevron, General Electric, Google, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and Time Warner, as they work to expand their businesses in one of the most dynamic and growing regions of the world. Your duties may include following current events, advocating for U.S. business, and working directly with officials from the governments of the United States and the 10 ASEAN countries.
By helping to improve the business climate in ASEAN while increasing U.S. exports to and investment in Southeast Asia, your role at the Council can really make a difference to our members, U.S business as a whole, and to the countries in which we operate. It will require that you stay on top of trends and events as well as understand how new laws or rules may impact current business. With the goal to form the ASEAN Economic Community in 2015, there are lots of areas where the Council can play a role in helping to shape the Southeast Asia that U.S. companies will work in for many years to come.
We have offices in seven countries, and we are always looking for talented, energetic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are quick learners, and are ready to help our members take on challenges and capitalize on opportunities in Southeast Asia.
Our Employment Process
- Find an opening that you are interested in and qualified for.
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating in the subject line which position you are applying for.
- We will review your resume and compare it to our criteria.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for a phone interview or will be asked to interview in person.
- The top candidates will be invited back for a second round of interviews with senior management.
- A decision will be made and the candidate offered the job.
We value your time and the effort you put in to applying for jobs posted on our site. We will notify you if you are selected for an interview, and we will try to answer each inquiry.
We welcome you to reapply for other positions if you are not selected for a particular job.