Based in: Singapore
The US-ASEAN Business Council is the premier advocacy organization for U.S. multinational corporations operating within the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Singapore. The Council’s members include the largest U.S. companies working in ASEAN, and range from newcomers to the region to companies that have been working in ASEAN for more than 100 years.
We are currently accepting internships applications for our Singapore regional headquarters. The intern will undertake substantive work, consisting largely of research and other projects in support of Council goals. Council internships offer a wealth of enriching opportunities, such as access to our high-level conferences and events with ASEAN policymakers and business leaders.
The Business and Public Policy Intern will assist Country and Industry Teams in providing forward-looking research and support to the Council's 160+ members, which include companies such as Google, Chevron, The Coca-Cola Company, Citi, Microsoft, and Procter & Gamble.
- Assist Council staff with programming run out of the Singapore office including member meetings, business missions, and special projects
- Assist in the development of programming such as roundtables, briefings, seminars and workshops that advance the objectives of member companies
- Work directly with Singapore and D.C. based staff on business mission preparation
- Monitor major news and policy developments and contribute to the preparation of Council intelligence updates
- Experience, ideally in government, government relations, economic analysis, project management, or business development preferred (through studies, internships, or otherwise)
- Knowledge of and experience working with Singapore government is a plus.
- Must have strong research skills and be able to learn and absorb quickly.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and be able to successfully handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with senior executives is a plus.
- Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents preferred.
Application Procedures, Deadlines and Internship Periods
To apply to the Council’s internship program, please submit a resume, one brief writing sample (no more than two pages), and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover letter should include information about your availability and a brief description of your academic and professional goals. Please include in the subject line of your e-mail the position title for which you are applying. The position timeframe is flexible, but the ideal candidate will be available from May through late August or September 2021 (with the possibility of an extension through 2021).
The position is paid at the market hourly rate and is on either a full-time (preferred) or part-time basis. Please note that the position is in the Singapore office and no relocation assistance will be provided. All applicants must be eligible to work legally in Singapore.