Based in: Singapore
Internship Dates: Fall Semester (August through December 2018)
The US-ASEAN Business Council is the premier advocacy organization for U.S. multinational corporations operating within the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Singapore. The Council’s members include the largest U.S. companies working in ASEAN, and range from newcomers to the region to companies that have been working in ASEAN for more than 100 years.
We are currently accepting applications for a Fall 2018 internship to work in our Singapore regional headquarters. The intern will undertake substantive work, consisting largely of research and other projects in support of Council goals. Council internships offer a wealth of enriching opportunities, such as access to our high-level conferences and events with ASEAN policymakers and business leaders.
The Business and Public Policy Intern will assist Country and Industry Teams in providing forward-looking research and support to the Council's 150+ members, which include companies such as Google, Chevron, The Coca-Cola Company, Citi, Microsoft, and Procter & Gamble.
The internship includes diverse and meaningful responsibilities, such as:
- Researching current national and regional economic policy issues in ASEAN impacting the private sector
- Drafting country/industry updates
- Assisting in the organization of trade missions and other events with U.S. and ASEAN government officials
- Attending briefings and other events on Council-related topics
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience with event coordination and ability to work with a diverse team
- Strong academic/professional background with experience or a keen interest in ASEAN foreign and trade policy issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with/in government organizations or trade associations a plus
The position is paid at the market hourly rate and is on either a full-time (preferred) or part-time basis. Please note that the position is in the Singapore office and no relocation assistance will be provided.
Interested? Send your resume and a 300-word statement of interest to Fauzia Sheh at firstname.lastname@example.org.