Reports to: President & CEO
Based In: Washington, DC
This role, based in the Council’s regional HQ in Singapore, will support 3 functional domains: Membership team, Singapore portfolio team, and Special Assistant to the Council’s SVP & Regional Managing Director.
Please note – The Council is unable to sponsor work visas for applicants. This full-time position is open to Singaporean Citizens & PRs only.
Special Assistant to SVP / Regional MD
- Prepare briefing documents for membership team and SVP & Regional Managing Director ahead of key meetings
- Identify priority meetings for SVP & Regional Managing Director including engagements with senior representatives of member companies
- Support SVP & Regional Managing Director in strategic initiatives such as drafting of op-eds, developing talking points for media engagements, and drafting remarks as necessary
- Review documents, media quotations, and content requiring endorsement or signature from SVP & Regional Managing Director
- Identify key stakeholders in Singapore (e.g., Government) for outreach & potential collaboration opportunities on a regular basis
- Formulate strategies for engaging key Singapore stakeholders, both for general relationship building and issue-specific collaboration
- Support Singapore team in execution of in-person events, roundtables, business missions, and forums
- Manage relationships with Singapore-based stakeholders, such as Government and US-ABC members based in Singapore
- Work with members to develop submissions for Singapore Government policy / regulatory consultations
- Draft and review analytical updates for Singapore portfolio, and curate relevant news clippings and newsletters every month for US-ABC membership
- Regularly draft invitations for Singapore-related calls and events
Membership & Operations
- Consistently engage with all member companies via a mix of written outreach, virtual, and in person interactions
- Assist membership team in regular database maintenance of member contact information and record keeping
- Support development and implementation of strategic council-wide membership and operational initiatives
A combined 2+ years of professional experience or specialized study in government, consulting, public policy, or business development facing roles (including internship experience)
Strong attention to detail in attending to member requests, adhering to internal operational SOPs, and preparing for meetings & engagements
Strong short form written communication and ability to summarize complex ideas & concepts – emails, memos, summaries, formal letters, briefing papers
Documentation & consistency in follow up
Strong tendency toward internal communication across time zones and geographies
Charismatic external communicator while engaging with members and stakeholders
Strong degree of professionalism in formal settings & high-level engagements and in engaging with senior level stakeholders
Broad interest in Singapore political environment & ASEAN geopolitics
To apply for the Associate - Singapore, Membership, Operations position, please follow the steps below:
- Prepare your resume and cover letter, ensuring they highlight your relevant skills and experience for the role.
- Send your application materials as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line of your email, clearly state: "Application for Associate - Singapore, Membership, Operations Position."