Based in: Jakarta, Indonesia
The US-ASEAN Business Council is the premier advocacy organization for U.S. multinational corporations operating within the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Singapore and Yangon. The Council’s members include more than 160 of the most successful and innovative U.S. corporations operating in ASEAN and range from newcomers to the region to companies that have been working in ASEAN for more than 100 years. Combined, our member companies generate over $6 trillion in revenue and employ more than 13 million people worldwide.
We are currently accepting internship applications for our Jakarta office. The intern will undertake substantive and administrative support for the implementation of the Council’s ASEAN Committee programs which include the U.S.-ASEAN Internship Program, US-ASEAN Business Alliance for Competitive SMEs and E-Commerce initiatives. Council internships offer a wealth of enriching opportunities, such as access to our high-level conferences and events with ASEAN policymakers and business leaders, the majority of which are from Fortune 200 companies, including Apple, Boeing, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Google, Harley Davidson, Microsoft and Kimberly Clark. The position also offers opportunities to work with well-skilled and deeply passionate individuals, some of whom are the leading experts on Southeast Asia in business, foreign policy and international affairs.
This position is on a full-time basis and based in Jakarta. The intern should be available to work 40 hours per week.
- Support development, management and execution of ASEAN Committee programs
- Arrange administrative and logistical needs for the in-country SME and Internship capacity building workshops or trainings
- Coordinate the management of tailored internship programs for ASEAN students
- Support the roll-out of US-ABC e-commerce initiatives, including through the conduct of workshops, briefings or roundtables
- Liaise with member companies and other relevant stakeholders for technical requirements
- Assist in management of program websites
- Contribute to the design and development of program websites
- Update course listings on ASEAN SME Academy and internship listings on U.S.-ASEAN Internship portals
- Liaise with member companies for updates on upcoming events and new listings
- Work with web developer/manager for management of the websites
- Support and assist in program outreach and promotion
- Develop social media content and strategy to promote the SME and Internship programs
- Draft newsletter featuring issues that pertain to business, government and general public stakeholders in the areas of SME capacity building, talent development and trainings
- Conduct policy research and analytical writing
- Monitor major news and policy developments in the areas of digital trade, e-commerce, regulatory harmonization, ASEAN regional integration
- Draft Council’s intelligence updates on political-economic matters pertaining to U.S. businesses in ASEAN
- Other tasks
- Prepare draft circulars, invitation and updates for members’ meetings, briefings or other events
- Prepare notes and summary of meetings with stakeholders (member companies, government, industry associations)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Management, International Relations, Political Science, Economics, and Business-related field.
- Minimum one-year working experience, ideally in an international organization, government, government relations, events management, project management, business development and/or multinational management.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should be able to demonstrate the ability to produce high-quality English-language writing.
- Ability to learn quickly, hard-working, well-organized, and excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Windows Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to coordinate logistics and support executing Council programs.
- Adept in using various social media platforms
- Ability to design interactive promotional material, presentation deck, infographics and a website is a major plus.
- Knowledge of Southeast Asia, including its history, culture, politics and business environment.
Application Procedures, Deadlines and Internship Periods
Please send your CV, one-page cover letter, and one-page writing sample to Nugraheni Utami (email@example.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview session in Jakarta
Entry on Duty: As soon as possible
Deadline of Application: December 11, 2020