Reports to: Senior Director
Based in: Singapore
The US-ASEAN Business Council is seeking a Senior Manager/Director who will lead Council programs and initiatives aimed at strengthening the U.S.-ASEAN economic relationship. The position will focus on the area of digital/ICT policy as well as other industry and/or country sectors as required. The successful candidate will be responsible for crafting and executing effective advocacy strategies that generate growth and value for our member companies. S/he will collaborate with our country teams across Southeast Asia and in our Washington, DC headquarters as well as with representatives of the Council’s member companies. S/he will stay on top of the latest technology-relevant public policy developments in Southeast Asia and be a part of solving public policy challenges across the region.
- Develop, manage and implement advocacy efforts across a full range of digital economy issues, including cybersecurity, data protection, 5G, digital tax, and e-commerce.
- Work directly with leading technology companies to drive initiatives in countries across Southeast Asia by identifying government priorities and expanding on public-private engagement opportunities such as regular dialogs and consultations.
- Develop programming such as roundtables, briefings, seminars and workshops that advance the objectives of member companies.
- Create strong relationships and new partnerships with governments, multilateral organizations, trade associations, and other key stakeholders.
- Monitor technology policy developments and provide regular analytical updates to member companies.
- Manage and coordinate the work of the digital/ICT team across Southeast Asia and in Washington, DC, including oversight of budgets, event, roundtable and mission planning.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President/Regional Managing Director, Vice President-Policy and Senior Director for Policy on all issues, strategy and advocacy efforts in the ICT/digital policy arena.
- As needed, represent the Singapore office in the absence of the Senior Vice President/Regional Managing Director and Senior Director for Policy.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 6+ years working with government policymakers on digital policy issues, ideally in government, companies, consultancies, or trade associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Economics, International Relations, Political Science, or Public Policy. A Master’s Degree is a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact with senior corporate leaders and policymakers.
- Keen interest in and understanding of Southeast Asian political systems, public policy formulation, and business environment. Knowledge of ASEAN as an organization is a plus.
- Experience successfully managing programs, events and budgets, and tracking and advocating on policy issues.
- Demonstrated effective leadership of team efforts.
- Must be able to work independently without significant direction and achieve concrete results.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and be able to successfully handle multiple tasks at the same time and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work beyond normal business hours in order to speak with colleagues in the United States, participate in regular staff calls and consult with Council members based in the U.S. and other parts of Asia.
- Needs to be member-focused and maintain good and open working relationships with the Council’s 160+ member companies and their representatives.
- Complete fluency in English language with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must understand and abide by the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of the United States.
- Singapore national or permanent resident preferred.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating in the subject line which position you are applying for.