Reports to: Senior Manager, ASEAN
Based in: Jakarta, Indonesia
Deadline of Application: March 31, 2020
The US-ASEAN Business Council is the premier advocacy organization for U.S. multinational corporations operating within the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Singapore.
The Council’s members include the largest U.S. companies working in ASEAN, and range from newcomers to the region to companies that have been working in ASEAN for more than 100 years. The Council’s members include more than 160 of the most successful and innovative corporations in the world, the majority of which are Fortune 200 companies, including Apple, Boeing, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Google, Harley Davidson, Microsoft and Procter & Gamble. Combined, our member companies generate over $6 trillion in revenue and employ more than 13 million people worldwide.
The Council is seeking a temporary consultant to undertake substantive, administrative and logistical support to the implementation of the Council’s Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) initiatives, including in-country SME capacity building workshops, the online ASEAN SME Academy training, advocacy dialogues, and a newsletter.
The position also offers opportunities to work with well-skilled and deeply passionate individuals, some whom are the leading experts on Southeast Asia in business, foreign policy and international affairs.
This position is on a full-time basis and based in Jakarta. The Consultant should be available to work 40 hours per week until December 2020.
- Support and assist preparation, organization and execution of in-country SME activities
- Support logistical coordination (arrange venue, booking photographer, MC, volunteers and printing all materials needed)
- Outreach to members for technical requirements (speakers’ confirmation, logo collection)
- Design promotional material (e-banner, standing banner, poster)
- Draft registration form, pre-survey and post-survey questions for program evaluation
- Strategy to promote the event including social media outreach
- Support and assist coordination of ASEAN SME Academy
- Manage and maintain technical issues of website with PTTC/Academy’s website developer
- Develop design plan for ASEAN SME Academy
- Create ASEAN SME Academy promotional materials
- Support and assist SME Newsletter
- News clipping collection
- Assist in drafting the newsletter
- Keep track of the press coverage of SME activities
- Regular US-ABC website updates
- Other support
- Take notes during meetings with stakeholders (members, government stakeholders, industry associations)
- Create a summary/key notes of each meeting
- Arrange schedule for meetings with stakeholders
- Member contacts (updating members, sending invitations, member communication)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Management, International Relations, Political Science, Economics, and Business-related field.
- Minimum two-year professional working experience, ideally in an international organization, government, government relations, events management, project management, business development and/or multinational management.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should be able to demonstrate the ability to produce high-quality English-language writing.
- Ability to learn quickly, hard-working, well-organized, and excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Windows Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to coordinate logistics and execute programs.
- Ability to design interactive promotional material, presentation deck, infographics and a website is a major plus.
- Knowledge of Southeast Asia, including its history, culture, politics and business environment.
Please send your CV, one-page cover letter, and one-page writing sample to Nugraheni Utami (email@example.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview session in Jakarta.