Srettha Thavisin Elected Thailand's New Prime Minister
On August 22, 2023, Srettha Thavisin was elected the 30th Prime Minister of Thailand, after being nominated as a candidate by the Pheu Thai party. During a joint parliamentary sitting of the House of Representatives and the Senate, Srettha secured 482 votes in support of him, 165 votes against him, and 81 abstentions. It has been announced that the King of Thailand will grant an audience to the Prime Minister-Designate on a later date.
- Bangkok Post, Parliament elects Srettha prime minister
- Thai PBS World, Srettha becomes the 30th prime minister of Thailand
- Reuters, Thailand's Srettha to become PM after securing endorsement of parliament
- Bloomberg, Thailand: Srettha Thavisin Elected New Prime Minister, Ending Political Impasse
- CNBC, Srettha Thavisin elected Thailand's new prime minister after parliamentary vote
- CNN, Thai parliament picks Srettha Thavisin as next prime minister ending 3 months of political deadlock
- Nikkei Asia, Who is Srettha Thavisin, Thailand's next prime minister?
- The Straits Times, Pheu Thai's Srettha named Thai PM after getting Parliament's approval
- The Washington Post, Real estate tycoon Srettha Thavisin wins vote to become Thailand's 30th prime minister